I have had the same problem with Spotlight, but it seemed to only happen a few times. Now when I open Copilot I get the language in Thai? At least I can click the English button, but why is this happening?
Windows Spotlight suddenly decided to use Thai language instead of my system setting (US English). How to fix this?
Windows Spotlight suddenly decided to use Thai language instead of my system setting (US English). How to fix this?
After login, all language/region settings seem fine.
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows Hello, lock screen and sign-in
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
52 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2024-01-16T15:40:24+00:00 -
Anonymous
2024-01-16T10:30:55+00:00 From what I have read I assume the following.
If Bing doesn't know your system language it assumes you're searching in your native language.
All the spotlight information is just based on a search using the file name or title and the Bing system.
If that title is in a different language it does as Bing would do and serves results in that language.
Then when you click on any information on the Spotlight screen the bing results are once again served in the language the search term was in.
So this file has a name or title in Thai, therefore all search results will be in Thai.
Just a flaw of using the Bing backbone to serve this information.
-
Anonymous
2024-01-16T09:53:39+00:00 Hi Johann
Unfortunately, nothing has worked with the Thai issue.
Microsoft Start all in Thai
Start up screen in Thai too.
I have checked all the above, time and region settings.
what I did notice, when I change from Thai to English and it fixes itself, I let the computer go into sleep mode and/or switch off, it returns in Thai.
if you could advise next steps please.
-
Anonymous
2024-01-15T10:32:42+00:00 I have the same problem. I even reset and reinitiated spotlight. It worked for a little bit, but then did the same thing. First it was Chinese. Then it looks like maybe Thai.
Can MS please fix this? This is obviously NOT a language setting on individual users' PCs - it is obviously a problem with Spotlight itself.
STOP telling people to go into control panel and what not - I suspect the majority of people here are smart enough to check that first. It's an insult to your users to make them do something that clearly does not work, just because you could not be bothered to investigate and fix the cause.
-
Anonymous
2024-01-15T00:57:47+00:00 I also have the same issue, but in Turkish. My start screen has the words in Turkish, except for the feedback bit, and if i click any of the options it takes me to the Windows start page and it is also all in Turkish. The settings on that start page i can switch back to English, but then it just goes back to Turkish once i leave the page or lock my screen. I went to settings and everything is set to English, and changing the wallpaper does nothing. Anyone have any luck with this?