Windows Spotlight suddenly decided to use Thai language instead of my system setting (US English). How to fix this?

Anonymous
2023-12-29T07:16:46+00:00

Windows Spotlight suddenly decided to use Thai language instead of my system setting (US English). How to fix this?

After login, all language/region settings seem fine.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows Hello, lock screen and sign-in

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

52 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-01-31T07:36:30+00:00

    Same problem here. Sudden switch to Thai with an English US system and Korea region. However, voting "not a fan" fixed the problem. Thanks for the suggestion.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-01-14T11:39:54+00:00

    I've got the same issue. Maybe a central bug from Microsoft. My lockscreen changed to Malyalam without me doing anything. I already updated my Windows settings, checked languages, region, etc.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-01-14T09:55:37+00:00

    Yes, not only Windows 10, but Windows 11.

    I found the only way to stop it was to not use Windows Spotlight as my lock screen. I used a picture. When I tried Spotlight again a few days later, it was back to English. I am now waiting to see what happens, will it revert to another language again at some point?

    Microsoft need to sort this, but as with all other issues, all they do is tell you to do some complicated change that never works. They do not care about us, their paying customers.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-01-14T01:11:49+00:00

    Mine is the same image, the white cliffs. The cliffs of Cassis in France. I had the Thai text as well.

    When the image first appeared, the text was in English. Today it was in Thai.

    I had an update to do. I processed that. Not fixed.

    I went through the 'intl.cpl' process, including the restart. Still not fixed.

    I clicked the "Not a fan" button. When the image changed, it went back to English.

    It had me worried for a while.

    Windows 10. I was surprised to see someone post that it also affects Windows 11.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-01-13T17:54:59+00:00

    I have same exact problem which just started this past week. I think JP barends and Gernot Kvas are correct in their assessments. I think Microsoft must have generated a bug with one of the latest updates.

    This same problem also referenced in another thread on answers.microsoft:

    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chinese-characters-on-the-first-screen-after/385704ef-42fb-4bf5-bb41-d33d335be217

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments