Hi,
Although mine says English when completing "Windows+R, enter "intl.cpl", go to the "Administrative" tab, and check whether "Welcome screen" is in English", I am still getting welcome screen in Thai What can I do?
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Windows Spotlight suddenly decided to use Thai language instead of my system setting (US English). How to fix this?
After login, all language/region settings seem fine.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Hi,
Although mine says English when completing "Windows+R, enter "intl.cpl", go to the "Administrative" tab, and check whether "Welcome screen" is in English", I am still getting welcome screen in Thai What can I do?
All my language settings use Romania as Location, it seems there is some serious bugs in the Spotlight - Welcome Screen APIs, as described by the other users on this page !
This started happening to me at around New Year. Picture taken in France, captions first in Swedish and then in Japanese. Laptop in UK, with English my primary language and French and Dutch as secondary languages.
I switched off spotlight by going to 'Settings', then 'Personalisation', then 'Personalise Lock Screen' and switched Windows Spotlight to Picture.
This solved the issue as Spotlight was no longer providing the image on my lock screen.
Hello,
It could be the cause. Sometimes the image could be based on the network location, which could be in Thailand when the image was pushed.
Regardless, we are very happy to know that everything is now working on your end.
Do not hesitate to ask the community at any time in case you have any questions in the future.