Yes. It was probably the VPN that caused the issue.
If it happens again, make sure your VPN is up to date. And if it happens again, even after updating, consult the Psiphon developer.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hi everyone,
I installed a Windows update last night and my internet has stopped working ever since. The WiFi network shows as 'connected' and it works fine on my phone but nothing on my computer (I tried different browsers). I tried uninstalling the update and pausing Windows Update to stop it from reinstalling it but it still won't work. No internet either when I use my phone as hotspot.
The update I installed is: Windows 11 version 23H2 for systems x64 (KB5032288).
I would appreciate any support, thanks.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Yes. It was probably the VPN that caused the issue.
If it happens again, make sure your VPN is up to date. And if it happens again, even after updating, consult the Psiphon developer.
Thanks for the screenshot.
The result of the command confirms that your system has access to the internet. Apparently, only some applications are unable to communicate with the internet.
You are using Wi-Fi, right?
Do you have a VPN client installed on your system?
I opened my VPN to check if it was on, then I turned it off and the internet came back on immediately! I turned it back on and the internet is still working.
So was my VPN blocking the internet connection? (I have Psiphon.)
Thanks very much for your help, much appreciated.
Noted, thanks again for your time.
Glad to help.
Best regards.