Yes. It was probably the VPN that caused the issue.
If it happens again, make sure your VPN is up to date. And if it happens again, even after updating, consult the Psiphon developer.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hi everyone,
I installed a Windows update last night and my internet has stopped working ever since. The WiFi network shows as 'connected' and it works fine on my phone but nothing on my computer (I tried different browsers). I tried uninstalling the update and pausing Windows Update to stop it from reinstalling it but it still won't work. No internet either when I use my phone as hotspot.
The update I installed is: Windows 11 version 23H2 for systems x64 (KB5032288).
I would appreciate any support, thanks.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Yes. It was probably the VPN that caused the issue.
If it happens again, make sure your VPN is up to date. And if it happens again, even after updating, consult the Psiphon developer.
Thanks for the clarification.
Temporarily disable all Avast modules and see if you can browse the internet.
If you are using a browser for testing, restart the browser after disabling the modules.
Done, no change :/
By the way I have been getting notifications from Signal on my computer, from the Desktop app, not sure how that works if there is no internet.
From all the information you shared, Windows can connect to the internet. I believe that only some applications are unable to connect to the internet. The Signal app may be able to connect to the internet, which is why it is still displaying notifications.
Perform the test below and send a screenshot of the result.
ping 8.8.8.8
Here you go: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-gM4JOXISk6GQUo6yYsxq6WeMU8tFlue/view?usp=drivesdk
I couldn't upload the picture for some reason so I added a link.
It's in French, let me know if I should translate.
Thank you.