(Solved) Internet stopped working after windows update

Anonymous
2023-12-08T11:18:07+00:00

Hi everyone,

I installed a Windows update last night and my internet has stopped working ever since. The WiFi network shows as 'connected' and it works fine on my phone but nothing on my computer (I tried different browsers). I tried uninstalling the update and pausing Windows Update to stop it from reinstalling it but it still won't work. No internet either when I use my phone as hotspot.

The update I installed is: Windows 11 version 23H2 for systems x64 (KB5032288).

I would appreciate any support, thanks.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
David-M 127.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor
2023-12-09T12:41:10+00:00

Yes. It was probably the VPN that caused the issue.

If it happens again, make sure your VPN is up to date. And if it happens again, even after updating, consult the Psiphon developer.

Was this answer helpful?

4 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

43 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. David-M 127.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2023-12-08T11:50:56+00:00

    Hi. I'm David, and I'm happy to help you.

    I suggest doing the following:

    Reset the network settings as instructed below:

    1. Press "Windows + I" and select "Network & Internet > Advanced network settings";
    2. Select "Network Reset";
    3. Select "Reset Now", and at the confirmation screen, select "Yes";

    Note: The PC will need to be restarted.

    1. Now open Start and type cmd;
    2. Right-click on "Command Prompt" in the result list and select "Run as administrator";
    3. At the Command Prompt, type the following commands one at a time and press Enter:

    netsh int ip reset

    netsh winsock reset

    ipconfig /release

    ipconfig /renew

    ipconfig /flushdns

    1. Restart your PC and see if the issue is resolved.

    If the problem persists, let me know.

    Feel free to ask back any questions.

    Was this answer helpful?

    60+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-12-08T12:39:18+00:00

    Hi David,

    Thank you very much for your help.

    I followed your instructions, it still doesn't work.

    Best

    Gamilla

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. David-M 127.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2023-12-08T12:43:48+00:00

    Please do the following:

    • Press "Windows + R", type ncpa.cpl and press Enter.

    A window will open with the network adapters installed on the system. Send a screenshot of this window.

    Use the shortcut "Windows + Shift + S" to use the screenshot tool.

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-12-08T13:37:55+00:00

    Here you go, thanks.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments