(Solved) Internet stopped working after windows update

Anonymous
2023-12-08T11:18:07+00:00

Hi everyone,

I installed a Windows update last night and my internet has stopped working ever since. The WiFi network shows as 'connected' and it works fine on my phone but nothing on my computer (I tried different browsers). I tried uninstalling the update and pausing Windows Update to stop it from reinstalling it but it still won't work. No internet either when I use my phone as hotspot.

The update I installed is: Windows 11 version 23H2 for systems x64 (KB5032288).

I would appreciate any support, thanks.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
David-M 127.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor
2023-12-09T12:41:10+00:00

Yes. It was probably the VPN that caused the issue.

If it happens again, make sure your VPN is up to date. And if it happens again, even after updating, consult the Psiphon developer.

Was this answer helpful?

4 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

43 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-12-10T16:41:05+00:00

    Noted, thanks again for your time.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-12-08T21:10:50+00:00

    I opened my VPN to check if it was on, then I turned it off and the internet came back on immediately! I turned it back on and the internet is still working.

    So was my VPN blocking the internet connection? (I have Psiphon.)

    Thanks very much for your help, much appreciated.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. David-M 127.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2023-12-08T20:40:50+00:00

    Thanks for the screenshot.

    The result of the command confirms that your system has access to the internet. Apparently, only some applications are unable to communicate with the internet.

    You are using Wi-Fi, right?

    Do you have a VPN client installed on your system?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-12-08T20:33:22+00:00

    Here you go: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-gM4JOXISk6GQUo6yYsxq6WeMU8tFlue/view?usp=drivesdk

    I couldn't upload the picture for some reason so I added a link.

    It's in French, let me know if I should translate.

    Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments