Yes. It was probably the VPN that caused the issue.
If it happens again, make sure your VPN is up to date. And if it happens again, even after updating, consult the Psiphon developer.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hi everyone,
I installed a Windows update last night and my internet has stopped working ever since. The WiFi network shows as 'connected' and it works fine on my phone but nothing on my computer (I tried different browsers). I tried uninstalling the update and pausing Windows Update to stop it from reinstalling it but it still won't work. No internet either when I use my phone as hotspot.
The update I installed is: Windows 11 version 23H2 for systems x64 (KB5032288).
I would appreciate any support, thanks.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Yes. It was probably the VPN that caused the issue.
If it happens again, make sure your VPN is up to date. And if it happens again, even after updating, consult the Psiphon developer.
Please do the following:
A window will open with the network adapters installed on the system. Send a screenshot of this window.
Use the shortcut "Windows + Shift + S" to use the screenshot tool.
Hi David,
Thank you very much for your help.
I followed your instructions, it still doesn't work.
Best
Gamilla
Hi. I'm David, and I'm happy to help you.
I suggest doing the following:
Reset the network settings as instructed below:
Note: The PC will need to be restarted.
netsh int ip reset
netsh winsock reset
ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew
ipconfig /flushdns
If the problem persists, let me know.
Feel free to ask back any questions.