Yes. It was probably the VPN that caused the issue.
If it happens again, make sure your VPN is up to date. And if it happens again, even after updating, consult the Psiphon developer.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hi everyone,
I installed a Windows update last night and my internet has stopped working ever since. The WiFi network shows as 'connected' and it works fine on my phone but nothing on my computer (I tried different browsers). I tried uninstalling the update and pausing Windows Update to stop it from reinstalling it but it still won't work. No internet either when I use my phone as hotspot.
The update I installed is: Windows 11 version 23H2 for systems x64 (KB5032288).
I would appreciate any support, thanks.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Yes. It was probably the VPN that caused the issue.
If it happens again, make sure your VPN is up to date. And if it happens again, even after updating, consult the Psiphon developer.
It's been a week of frustrations. I've tried every suggestions without success until I stumbled upon a firewall. Got internet access almost the same time I hit uninstall Windscribe. Try uninstalling any 3rd party VPN, AV, firewall apps. One at a time and reboot as needed. I reinstalled Windscribe and it's cooperating again. I am not a comp wiz. Good luck everyone and Happy 2025!
Here you go: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-gM4JOXISk6GQUo6yYsxq6WeMU8tFlue/view?usp=drivesdk
I couldn't upload the picture for some reason so I added a link.
It's in French, let me know if I should translate.
Thank you.
Thanks for the clarification.
Temporarily disable all Avast modules and see if you can browse the internet.
If you are using a browser for testing, restart the browser after disabling the modules.
Yes. You can return to normal boot.
What version of Avast are you using? (Free, Premium, Ultimate)