(Solved) Internet stopped working after windows update

Anonymous
2023-12-08T11:18:07+00:00

Hi everyone,

I installed a Windows update last night and my internet has stopped working ever since. The WiFi network shows as 'connected' and it works fine on my phone but nothing on my computer (I tried different browsers). I tried uninstalling the update and pausing Windows Update to stop it from reinstalling it but it still won't work. No internet either when I use my phone as hotspot.

The update I installed is: Windows 11 version 23H2 for systems x64 (KB5032288).

I would appreciate any support, thanks.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
David-M 127.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor
2023-12-09T12:41:10+00:00

Yes. It was probably the VPN that caused the issue.

If it happens again, make sure your VPN is up to date. And if it happens again, even after updating, consult the Psiphon developer.

Was this answer helpful?

4 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

43 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-12-13T17:25:41+00:00

    For me the problem was solved when i turned off my VPN. I had tried all the suggestions in the thread but nothing was working. I was about to uninstall the update when i saw the comment about the VPN deactivation. I tried it and restarted my laptop and it worked!! restarted twice and the connection comes back normal. Worth trying first before you do anything else. Hope it works for you all :)

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-12-13T16:49:03+00:00

    the same happened to me, I upgraded to Windows 10 and NO INTERNET, I did all that you suggested and I still do not have my internet back

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-10-25T20:28:26+00:00

    Did not work after reboot. Why does microsoft screw up like this??????

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-08-14T14:37:58+00:00

    Same thing happened with me regarding the same update. I quickly uninstalled the Windows 11 update and then my laptop WiFi Adaptor started working again and my internet was restored and worked correctly again.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments