(Solved) Internet stopped working after windows update

Anonymous
2023-12-08T11:18:07+00:00

Hi everyone,

I installed a Windows update last night and my internet has stopped working ever since. The WiFi network shows as 'connected' and it works fine on my phone but nothing on my computer (I tried different browsers). I tried uninstalling the update and pausing Windows Update to stop it from reinstalling it but it still won't work. No internet either when I use my phone as hotspot.

The update I installed is: Windows 11 version 23H2 for systems x64 (KB5032288).

I would appreciate any support, thanks.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
David-M 127.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor
2023-12-09T12:41:10+00:00

Yes. It was probably the VPN that caused the issue.

If it happens again, make sure your VPN is up to date. And if it happens again, even after updating, consult the Psiphon developer.

Was this answer helpful?

4 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

43 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-03-21T23:20:00+00:00

    Hi David:

    Hello, how're you?

    Here in 2025, I'm facing this same issue after a recent Windows update.

    Would the steps to redress be the same?

    Tried your first Advice in this chain, but that didn't work.

    Please reply when possible.

    Thanks, mvjjohn

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-03-14T03:17:01+00:00

    Same problem occured again after last update just 2 days ago, copilot disappear too, network reset not work and I am trying to reset whole pc. there are just too many quality issues of windows recently.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-01-21T01:12:26+00:00

    If anyone needs solution, I guess I found it. Atleast it worked for me. You need to disable Network LightWeight Filter in Network Card Adadpter settings.

    Please let me know if that will work for you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-12-08T18:24:40+00:00

    Done, no change :/

    By the way I have been getting notifications from Signal on my computer, from the Desktop app, not sure how that works if there is no internet.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments