In the earlier post:
Windows has found problems.
Lost and found is located at \found.004
That was the forth time Windows found drive file system errors and saved them to lost and found.
Indicate:
a) drive warranty status
b) history of power outages
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I’ve been encountering multiple Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) errors, including Memory Management, Critical Process Died, KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR and Unexpected Store Exception. This issue started about a year ago, but at that time, I replaced my hard disk. Initially, everything seemed fine, but recently, the crashes have resumed.
Here are the steps I’ve taken so far:
I also ran Chkdsk, which initially fixed the drive, but after about half an hour, the same errors resurfaced. Consequently, my system keeps restarting, plagued by the same BSOD errors (Memory Management, Critical Process Died, and Unexpected Store Exception). It’s quite frustrating! 😓
Ans while checking some Dump Files I found that Driver named: ntoskrnl.exe is the cause of the error (Although I don't know anything about this driver, it function and how to fix it )
Also I have minidump files: https://1drv.ms/f/s!ApBV6ainL73Ygxb7bTmuTY7nmcLb
Please Guide me how to fix these
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
In the earlier post:
Windows has found problems.
Lost and found is located at \found.004
That was the forth time Windows found drive file system errors and saved them to lost and found.
Indicate:
a) drive warranty status
b) history of power outages
Since this is a refurbished drive which came from the manufacturer after Replacing the Drive that was under warranty, Therefore this drive is not covered under warranty.
Power Outages in my Home is not so frequent and if occasionally or mistakenly I powered-off from main switch then the computer starts normally after a restart.
But since a month these BSoDs errors suddenly started to show without any prior reasons so it is very difficult to trace the reason. So is it possible that these errors are caused due to previous power outages?
And in Order to fix these errors what should I do? Should I Reset Windows and perform a clean installation of Windows ? Or do something else?
There are multiple types of drive tests.
A drive can pass one test and fail another.
The current drive has had recurrent problems with the drive file system.
It's best to make free or pay backup images and replace the drive.
If the computer environment has unexpected power outages then consider an Uninterruptable Power Supply (UPS).
The current drive has had recurrent problems with the drive file system.
It's best to make free or pay backup images and replace the drive.
What does it mean? Please explain in simple words.
Recurrent drive file system errors is a sign of drive failure.
There were 4 so far and there should be none.
Power outages are problems where just one episode can destroy a drive.
Anything on the drive can become problematic including the operating system and registry.
The most recent BSOD: Bugcheck 0x74 BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO indicated a corrupt registry.
The chkdsk findings of NTFS file system recovery with lost and found can continue beyond 4 but that puts important files at risk.
Please backup files and replace the drive.