i am using windows 10. how do i disable copilot?

Anonymous
2024-02-03T18:28:31+00:00

i am using windows 10. how do i disable copilot?

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Settings

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-01-17T04:35:01+00:00

    this is in addition to above because the icon still appeared on my document. I had to uninstall on settings as well as delete several times in different places. Finally went to taskbar - more commands - and removed it from the list. Turned off PC just for good luck. icon is now gone from document

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-02-23T20:15:10+00:00

    Hi.

    I am not much of a computer person, but I just went into my Apps (old ASUS with Windows 10) located the Copilot application and uninstalled it.

    I noticed it had been installed on February 11, 2025. That was probably the last time I had this old computer turned on.

    Scary stuff!

    I am about to upgrade to an inexpensive laptop that can support Windows 11....and I will no doubt need to fight to remove Copilot again

    Also trying to keep AI uninstalled on all of my Apple devices.

    Sue

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-02-27T04:08:57+00:00

    Thank you, thank you. Yep, there it was - again. Typical MS sneakiness.

    Like you, I'd much prefer no AI.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-03-08T13:04:19+00:00

    I too came on this forum because I don't want it cluttering my workspace or interrupting me, Then I had a look myself. there was no co-pilot in the task bar, I may have removed it some time ago but it still comes up in documents, it is of no use to me in writing, it is too American and doesn't seem to understand slang speech in fiction.

    I just discovered it can be uninstalled by left clicking the start button find it in the list of applications and right click it then left click uninstall.

    I am hoping it doesn't come back.

    Like most other users I find it irritating that Microsoft keep making their operating system more and more complicated and loading it with unwanted features. The sooner I can find an operating system that doesn't come with bloat I shall change to it,

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments