i am using windows 10. how do i disable copilot?

Anonymous
2024-02-03T18:28:31+00:00

i am using windows 10. how do i disable copilot?

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Settings

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-08-06T22:08:08+00:00

    I've tried everything, even the instructions to uninstall it in the registry & it just comes back when they upgrade. All day long and underline things to delete it pops up, determined to take over and try to write for me, never remotely close to what I'm trying to write. Only way to get rid of it is to delete it manually.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-08-11T22:26:21+00:00

    I've tried everything, even the instructions to uninstall it in the registry & it just comes back when they upgrade. All day long and underline things to delete it pops up, determined to take over and try to write for me, never remotely close to what I'm trying to write. Only way to get rid of it is to delete it manually.

    The only way to prevent this from happening again is adding the following entries to your HOSTS file

    0.0.0.0 *.download.windowsupdate.com
    0.0.0.0 *.microsoft.com
    0.0.0.0 *.update.microsoft.com
    0.0.0.0 *.windowsupdate.com
    0.0.0.0 *.windowsupdate.microsoft.com
    0.0.0.0 download.microsoft.com
    0.0.0.0 download.windowsupdate.com
    0.0.0.0 ntservicepack.microsoft.com
    0.0.0.0 test.stats.update.microsoft.com
    0.0.0.0 windowsupdate.microsoft.com
    0.0.0.0 wustat.windows.com

    This will prevent windows from updating and adding useless features like copilot

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-09-01T13:51:30+00:00

    I right clicked on copilot in the start menu then clicked uninstall. Super easy.

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-11-16T04:06:23+00:00

    I used the suggestion in your last sentence, found copilot with the option to Uninstall. I did that. But since MS claims that we are not allowed to uninstall it, how do I know it's gone?

    thanks.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-01-17T03:58:27+00:00

    I right clicked on the copilot icon and 1/3 down the list the Cortana button was checked. I unchecked the button and the copilot icon disappeared.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments