Chrome is spyware masquerading as a browser.
We're stuck between two evils.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
i am using windows 10. how do i disable copilot?
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Chrome is spyware masquerading as a browser.
We're stuck between two evils.
WINDOWS 10
TO DISABLE IN EDGE
Open Edge Browser and open its Settings by clicking on the 3 dots in the upper right hand corner.
From the menu on the left, select Sidebar.
Scroll down to App and notification settings. Under App specific settings, select Copilot by clicking on it. Turn off the button beside Show Copilot, everything below should become greyed out.
TO DISABLE FOR WINDOWS, CREATE A BATCH FILE CONTAINING THE FOLLOWING AND RUN AS AN ADMINISTRATOR. THIS WILL CREATE A KEY FOR COPILOT AND DISABLE COPILOT. THIS IS LESS RISKY THAN EDITING THE REGISTRY AND CREATING THE KEYS YOURSELF.
--> if you need help creating a batch file, check this out - How to Write a Batch File: 10 Steps (with Pictures) - wikiHow
reg add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsCopilot" /f /v "TurnOffWindowsCopilot" /t REG_DWORD /d 1
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsCopilot" /f /v "TurnOffWindowsCopilot" /t REG_DWORD /d 1
REBOOT COMPUTER.
Please mark as helpful.
Well now, that's very interesting. I don't have a subscription so it makes me think that Microsoft is trying to force it by making it impossible to remove a very unpopular feature. Let me add that I am not surprised.
I won't be messing with the registry for this, especially since I'll likely be forced onto Win11 sometime in the near future (even though it ticks me off that the best features have been removed), but I have Copilot toggled off and it still shows up. Seems MS is intent on beating us over the head with this stupid ****!
I did the same thing still comes back.