Hi HelenLSS,
I am Bill, an Independent Advisor. I am here to help.
To disable the Windows 10 Copilot, right-click the Taskbar and clear the “Show Copilot (preview) button” option.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
i am using windows 10. how do i disable copilot?
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Hi HelenLSS,
I am Bill, an Independent Advisor. I am here to help.
To disable the Windows 10 Copilot, right-click the Taskbar and clear the “Show Copilot (preview) button” option.
Hi Bill,
I am running Windows 10, the date is 10th February 2024, my PC was last updated on 10th January 2024 (Update KB5034122). For whatever reason, the forum is preventing me from uploading a screenshot of my taskbar settings. I do not have an option to remove the Copilot Preview. I have right-clicked taskbar, gone into system settings and attempted to find any AI Features or Copilot options, and done the same in search and taskbar settings, to no avail. The aforementioned option does not appear to exist for my case. AI features, and by extension Copilot, do not mesh with my workflow, and I do not wish to use them now or for the foreseeable future. Presently, they do nothing for me but clutter my already tight workspace. Any assistance you can provide would be greatly appreciated.
I am having an identical issue. I didn't find anything in the registry, but right clicking on the taskbar, pointing to "Search", and turning off "Search Highlights" seemed to remove the Copilot picture.
Hi - I don't have the CoPilot preview option either. I followed instructions to disable Windows CoPilot using gpedit.msc but that doesn't work. I then looked at instructions for regit edit where I could have created a new key but the gpedit.msc setting had already created one. So basically, I've turned it off and Windows is ignoring this. I've restarted the PC and logged out and in again and it was still there! I've now tried your suggestion and turned off "Search Highlights" and at least the annoying icon has gone, so thank you!
unable to disable copilot as it is not an option on edit taskbar