i am using windows 10. how do i disable copilot?

Anonymous
2024-02-03T18:28:31+00:00

i am using windows 10. how do i disable copilot?

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Settings

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-08-06T20:08:49+00:00

    Sarah,

    I have given up on all the assorted options given in these posts.

    I accidentally found what I am hoping is a permanent solution (at least on windows 10)

    in the taskbar area of desktop, far left click on the windows symbol.

    click on settings / apps / apps & features / scroll down to "copilot" highlight it / choose "uninstall"

    when I did this, it disappeared from taskbar and apps & features (did same thing to corona, I hate AI)

    (Do not see it in control panel / uninstall or change a program, but don't know if it is considered a program since it is an app or would have even been listed in this section)

    I cannot find it and am hoping beyond hope it is permanently gone!

    If you do this and find it is permanently gone, please reply and let me know how it worked for you, OK?

    thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-08-01T20:58:58+00:00

    Here is the real way to UNINSTALL Copilot. I found this completely by accident by entering the app's settings:

    Go to edge://apps/details/copilot.microsoft.com/

    At the very bottom of the info splash page is an uninstall button. This will take you to the app settings in Windows. Apparently, it's installed via the Microsoft Store. You might be able to just go to the store and search for it there and maybe uninstall from there too, I'm not sure.

    Once at the app settings screen, scroll all the way to the bottom and click uninstall again. Confirm that you want to uninstall.

    Boom, gone.

    Again, it's just an app installed via the Store, so finding it there should help get rid of it.

    (I should note that I have Windows 10, I don't know if it's the same on Windows 11)

    You could also just go to Apps and Features in the Settings menu and find Copilot there.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-07-11T03:13:03+00:00

    This only removes it for a single log on. After one session of freedom from copilot, it will install itself as a sidebar again.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-07-11T02:57:08+00:00

    I would like to remove Copilot entirely from my Windows 10 computer. Just removing the icon from the taskbar is not the solution I seek.

    I tried the gpedit change and the regedit change, and neither one worked.

    How do I remove Copilot from my computer?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-07-02T12:43:25+00:00

    I did the same thing still comes back.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments