i am using windows 10. how do i disable copilot?

Anonymous
2024-02-03T18:28:31+00:00

i am using windows 10. how do i disable copilot?

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Settings

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-08-01T20:58:58+00:00

    Here is the real way to UNINSTALL Copilot. I found this completely by accident by entering the app's settings:

    Go to edge://apps/details/copilot.microsoft.com/

    At the very bottom of the info splash page is an uninstall button. This will take you to the app settings in Windows. Apparently, it's installed via the Microsoft Store. You might be able to just go to the store and search for it there and maybe uninstall from there too, I'm not sure.

    Once at the app settings screen, scroll all the way to the bottom and click uninstall again. Confirm that you want to uninstall.

    Boom, gone.

    Again, it's just an app installed via the Store, so finding it there should help get rid of it.

    (I should note that I have Windows 10, I don't know if it's the same on Windows 11)

    You could also just go to Apps and Features in the Settings menu and find Copilot there.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-03-04T21:28:01+00:00

    I have your same issue/. Has anyone given you a way to disable copilot/?

    Was this answer helpful?

    10 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-05-27T18:30:50+00:00

    Good point -- Microsoft can't be trusted in the first place, so why would we believe their unwanted software isn't hanging around anyway?

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-03-10T09:55:44+00:00

    Hi,

    Thanks for all of the replies and suggestions. Unfortunately none of the advice has worked. I contacted Microsoft who tried to remove this remotely but were also unsuccessful. They told me its an issue with 'Bing' and they cannot do anything!

    Anyway i now use Google Chrome and dont have any problems.

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-04-17T17:20:13+00:00

    Simple solution...dump MS Edge and go to another browser i.e. Chrome or Mozella...that isn't AI infected.

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments