they really are jamming this down our throat...im about to go to Linux... There is no way to remove this...I've tried for hours
i am using windows 10. how do i disable copilot?
i am using windows 10. how do i disable copilot?
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Settings
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
44 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2024-03-09T23:07:22+00:00 -
Anonymous
2024-02-10T20:39:34+00:00 Hi Bill,
I am running Windows 10, the date is 10th February 2024, my PC was last updated on 10th January 2024 (Update KB5034122). For whatever reason, the forum is preventing me from uploading a screenshot of my taskbar settings. I do not have an option to remove the Copilot Preview. I have right-clicked taskbar, gone into system settings and attempted to find any AI Features or Copilot options, and done the same in search and taskbar settings, to no avail. The aforementioned option does not appear to exist for my case. AI features, and by extension Copilot, do not mesh with my workflow, and I do not wish to use them now or for the foreseeable future. Presently, they do nothing for me but clutter my already tight workspace. Any assistance you can provide would be greatly appreciated.
-
Anonymous
2024-02-03T19:04:47+00:00 Hi HelenLSS,
I am Bill, an Independent Advisor. I am here to help.
To disable the Windows 10 Copilot, right-click the Taskbar and clear the “Show Copilot (preview) button” option.
-
Anonymous
2024-02-28T17:12:51+00:00 do not understand why microsoft makes it nearly impossible to remove something ie AI that is harmful to concussion users.
no reason for there not to be clear concise steps to remove apps that are not wanted for medical reasons.
-
Anonymous
2024-04-07T18:48:50+00:00 Hi HelenLSS,
I am Bill, an Independent Advisor. I am here to help.
To disable the Windows 10 Copilot, right-click the Taskbar and clear the “Show Copilot (preview) button” option.
That only removes the icon. What people want to know is how to get rid of Copilot -- we didn't ask for it, we have no use for it, and it clutters our systems.