1
I doubt your SSD is dead, though it may be,, this is usually just a driver issue causing the drive not to be seen during the installation.
2
Okay, try that method they have provided, to see if it is successful (I doubt it).
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
My pc had a blue screen unexpected store exception.
Now every boot my pc is stuck in the bios. I unplugged all usb's apart from mouse and keyboard and have resetted bios settings to default. I have a kingston kc3000 m.2 ssd and an extra hdd. I was playing a game and had lots of chrome tabs open. Everything on the m.2 device list says not present! My ssd is only a year old. Ive tried reseating it and placing it in a different slot.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
1
I doubt your SSD is dead, though it may be,, this is usually just a driver issue causing the drive not to be seen during the installation.
2
Okay, try that method they have provided, to see if it is successful (I doubt it).
it didnt work, i dont understand where the drivers come into play. are drivers stored on the motherboard or the drive itself? as in, if i connect my ssd to my laptop with an encasing will it work then if its not dead or would it still need working drivers. or would my laptop need drivers at that point? does ssd to usb even work at all?
it would be a good idea to connect that drive to your laptop in a USB case to see if that drive is working correctly to rule that out as the underlying problem.
The ssd comes up as usb drive F: but it is not accessible. crystaldiskinfo does not detect it, neither does diskdrill. the chkdsk command cannot open volume for direct access
That sounds like there is a physical problem with that drive, it would be best to get it tested at a PC Repair Shop.