HI, I am Dave, I will help you with this.
In BIOS, find the option to restore BIOS defaults and apply that, save those settings, then restart your PC, does your PC boot or even attempt to boot into Windows, or is it still stuck in BIOS?
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
My pc had a blue screen unexpected store exception.
Now every boot my pc is stuck in the bios. I unplugged all usb's apart from mouse and keyboard and have resetted bios settings to default. I have a kingston kc3000 m.2 ssd and an extra hdd. I was playing a game and had lots of chrome tabs open. Everything on the m.2 device list says not present! My ssd is only a year old. Ive tried reseating it and placing it in a different slot.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
HI, I am Dave, I will help you with this.
In BIOS, find the option to restore BIOS defaults and apply that, save those settings, then restart your PC, does your PC boot or even attempt to boot into Windows, or is it still stuck in BIOS?
its still stuck, i said i had already tried that in my original post.
Remove the power cable from your PC.
Press and hold the power button on the case of your PC for 30 seconds.
Wait 30 minutes
Reconnect the power cable and start your PC, does it boot into Windows?
As soon as i press the power button my pc shuts off, i cant hold it. I dont know why that is, i built the pc myself. I have tried turning it on and off while also removing the power cable, it is still stuck
If you built the PC yourself, can you go to the support page for your motherboard to see if there is a BIOS update available, and can that be installed from a USB flash drive in BIOS without booting into Windows?