does that wipe the drive? what thats on the drive do i lose? could i repair windows instead?
unexpected store exception stuck in bios
My pc had a blue screen unexpected store exception.
Now every boot my pc is stuck in the bios. I unplugged all usb's apart from mouse and keyboard and have resetted bios settings to default. I have a kingston kc3000 m.2 ssd and an extra hdd. I was playing a game and had lots of chrome tabs open. Everything on the m.2 device list says not present! My ssd is only a year old. Ive tried reseating it and placing it in a different slot.
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Performance and system failures
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
45 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2024-02-14T16:05:26+00:00 -
DaveM121 935.7K Reputation points Independent Advisor2024-02-14T16:01:55+00:00 That looks correct, UEFI Hard Disk is usually the first disk, but in Most BIOS it is named as Windows Boot Manager and that may indicate a corrupt system.
I think there is a problem with the Windows installation and your only option would be to re-install Windows from a bootable USB.
-
Anonymous
2024-02-14T15:59:44+00:00 boot priority is: uefi hard disk, uefi cd/dvd, uefi usb hard disk, uefi usb cd, uefi usb key, uefi usb floppy, uefi network
-
DaveM121 935.7K Reputation points Independent Advisor2024-02-14T15:53:31+00:00 If you have updated your BIOS, in BIOS of you go to the list of drives or Boot Priority list, what is appearing there, do you see any drive, or 'Windows Boot Manager' as an option?
-
Anonymous
2024-02-14T15:45:27+00:00 I have finished updating the bios to the latest driver. It is still stuck, i have msi z790 carbon wifi as motherboard.