OMG, thank you thank you thank you.
I lost hours of my life trying to fix this issue. This worked also for me.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I am trying to add another user to my computer system, but I get the message: "We couldn't connect to Microsoft family right now, so your family on this device might not be up to date. " How can I fix this?
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
OMG, thank you thank you thank you.
I lost hours of my life trying to fix this issue. This worked also for me.
worked for me as well.... I can now see all my family members
Hello, I had the same issue.
This is how I solved it ( I have italian version, so the name of the settings may be different in english):
in account-your info (the account of the family admin), below "manage my Microsoft account", I found something like "you have to update this info.." or something like that
by clicking on it and logging in, the problem instantaneously disappeared!
Thanks
Massimo
Thanks. This solved it for me too. Even stranger how a couple of months ago the issue got resolved on its own for a while and then got broken again. Microsoft should place a copy of the "You need to update some info for your Microsoft account. - Update info" option on the "Family & other users" screen as well and highlight it in red to make it apparent that it requires user attention.
Similar for me - it didn't say 'you need to update some info' but instead there was something else in the same place, which required me to verify my identity - once that was done, my family members appeared and I was able to add my daughter's account on this laptop.
This really shouldn't be that difficult - as the user before me said, having a 'click here to sign in so you can see your family' button on the Family & other users screen would be -much- more helpful.
Thank you all for your help.