"We couldn't connect to Microsoft family right now, so your family on this device might not be up to date. "

Anonymous
2024-02-08T20:59:07+00:00

I am trying to add another user to my computer system, but I get the message: "We couldn't connect to Microsoft family right now, so your family on this device might not be up to date. " How can I fix this?

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Family and online safety

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-04-02T20:40:51+00:00

    I created a ticket in the Microsoft Feedback Hub here: https://aka.ms/AApw8xn

    Please upvote the ticket to draw attention to this issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-04-04T12:02:45+00:00

    I'm having the same issue on my Surface Pro running Win11. I can add my kids' accounts as users but it won't see them as part of my family or let me connect the device to their profile in Family.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-04-04T17:05:55+00:00

    Same here, i even reinstalled with w11

    The new laptop is listed, but still not working

    HELP!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-04-05T09:30:49+00:00

    The same.. New fresh instsalation of Windows 10. Exact same error!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-04-06T15:10:00+00:00

    Same here. Fresh W11P install.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments