Same issue here. None of the solutions worked. It's baffling that Microsoft apparently haven't noticed this issue.
"We couldn't connect to Microsoft family right now, so your family on this device might not be up to date. "
I am trying to add another user to my computer system, but I get the message: "We couldn't connect to Microsoft family right now, so your family on this device might not be up to date. " How can I fix this?
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Family and online safety
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
49 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2024-03-23T19:12:56+00:00 -
Anonymous
2024-03-25T09:09:41+00:00 Service Status (office.com), Teams (Consumer) is the only one down.
Yesterday I checked on a Windows 11 machine as well, still broken. Is there any fix on the horizon?
-
Anonymous
2024-03-25T11:28:07+00:00 Same problem here. Chrome won't start on my daughter's laptop and I can't make any changes in the Microsoft Family environment. Pretty useless this...
-
Anonymous
2024-03-25T19:46:32+00:00 Having exactly the same issue, wasted ages trying to allow my daughter access to my laptop.
Cannot access the family section in accounts.
Is anyone from Microsoft actually working to fix this?
-
Anonymous
2024-03-25T20:03:23+00:00 I called Microsoft and had one of their engineers connected to my laptop. The issue was resolved. My issue was only for the new laptop, the old laptop worked fine and I had Family Safety up and running for a while > 1.5 years. He removed old laptop under devices, tried something (not very clear) to add my new laptop, added my old laptop back to Family Safety. Then asked me to wait for 24 hours and assured me the problem will be solved.
I waited for about 1~2 hours and found out the new laptop was added as a second device.
Not sure this can help anyone but you could try to call MS to ask for help.