"We couldn't connect to Microsoft family right now, so your family on this device might not be up to date. "

Anonymous
2024-02-08T20:59:07+00:00

I am trying to add another user to my computer system, but I get the message: "We couldn't connect to Microsoft family right now, so your family on this device might not be up to date. " How can I fix this?

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Family and online safety

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-03-25T19:46:32+00:00

    Having exactly the same issue, wasted ages trying to allow my daughter access to my laptop.

    Cannot access the family section in accounts.

    Is anyone from Microsoft actually working to fix this?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-03-25T11:28:07+00:00

    Same problem here. Chrome won't start on my daughter's laptop and I can't make any changes in the Microsoft Family environment. Pretty useless this...

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-03-25T09:09:41+00:00

    Service Status (office.com), Teams (Consumer) is the only one down.

    Yesterday I checked on a Windows 11 machine as well, still broken. Is there any fix on the horizon?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-03-23T19:12:56+00:00

    Same issue here. None of the solutions worked. It's baffling that Microsoft apparently haven't noticed this issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-03-23T05:47:45+00:00

    Did all of that and did a clean install as well, its still broken.

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments