"We couldn't connect to Microsoft family right now, so your family on this device might not be up to date. "

Anonymous
2024-02-08T20:59:07+00:00

I am trying to add another user to my computer system, but I get the message: "We couldn't connect to Microsoft family right now, so your family on this device might not be up to date. " How can I fix this?

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Family and online safety

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-05-12T10:11:48+00:00

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-05-06T20:09:43+00:00

    I have the same issue - it's extremely frustrating. New PC with a fresh Windows 11 install.

    How did you manage to get their engineer connected to your laptop to get help?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-05-03T23:07:01+00:00

    Looks like it was working temporarily a few weeks ago. Now it's broken again. Microsoft has the fix the issue on their side.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-04-20T03:42:11+00:00

    I've got the same issue - I am logged in with a local account and my kids do too, but I wanted to add my kids family accounts so I can manage their screen time and access - but getting the same error that everyone else on this thread seems to be having.

    Unclear what steps to take to fix it - no proxy or vpn, internet clearly working fine and the services from the link look good.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-04-17T23:54:41+00:00

    looks like they fixed it, at least for me the list of family members showed up correctly today

    Looks like it's fixed for me as well. Let's just hope it stays fixed. I noticed my MS feedback was upvoted by a couple of more people and it was marked as "Looking into it". Hopefully they'll mark it as fixed soon.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments