"We couldn't connect to Microsoft family right now, so your family on this device might not be up to date. "

Anonymous
2024-02-08T20:59:07+00:00

I am trying to add another user to my computer system, but I get the message: "We couldn't connect to Microsoft family right now, so your family on this device might not be up to date. " How can I fix this?

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Family and online safety

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-09-02T14:11:54+00:00

    Hello, I had the same issue.

    This is how I solved it ( I have italian version, so the name of the settings may be different in english):

    in account-your info (the account of the family admin), below "manage my Microsoft account", I found something like "you have to update this info.." or something like that

    by clicking on it and logging in, the problem instantaneously disappeared!

    Thanks
    Massimo

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-08-31T19:01:08+00:00

    Also, as addition: If you try to add a NEW laptop to the family account, remove your child from the family (family.microsoft.com), restart everything (computer/laptop you need to add), and then spend some frustration to add the same child again to the family. After some login here and login there, with both your account and your child account, things start to correct themselves.

    Your account: Go to family account settings, and make sure the newly added child is part of your family, and allow access to the laptop/computer.

    Kids account: Log in on the laptop/computer and log in at account.microsoft.com using Edge. That finally synced everything, and added the new laptop to the family overview in family.microsoft.com for the admin account. It can take a few minutes.

    And... everybody is happy again.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-08-31T11:00:10+00:00

    I also had this problem on several computers and managed to solve it. On Windows 11 under Settings->Accounts->Your Info, there was a message that read something like "You need to update some info for your Microsoft account". I pressed "Continue" and I guess the information was updated, because this resolved the issue on all computers. This maybe works also for Windows 10.

    Sir, you are awesome! Windows 11 user here that needed to setup a new laptop with a child account. This was the solution! Would have never found it otherwise. Thank you :)

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-08-07T10:05:37+00:00

    I also had this problem on several computers and managed to solve it. On Windows 11 under Settings->Accounts->Your Info, there was a message that read something like "You need to update some info for your Microsoft account". I pressed "Continue" and I guess the information was updated, because this resolved the issue on all computers. This maybe works also for Windows 10.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-07-25T07:30:14+00:00

    I wanted to create admin

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments