"We couldn't connect to Microsoft family right now, so your family on this device might not be up to date. "

Anonymous
2024-02-08T20:59:07+00:00

I am trying to add another user to my computer system, but I get the message: "We couldn't connect to Microsoft family right now, so your family on this device might not be up to date. " How can I fix this?

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Family and online safety

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-03-23T05:37:40+00:00

    I just got the same issue in a new laptop that I am trying to setup. I am unable to add my family members to sign in to this device due to this.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-03-21T22:22:09+00:00

    I am having the exact same error. I think they aren't seeing the issue they are having perhaps?

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-03-21T16:20:13+00:00

    The above provide solutions are not working:

    1. Internet connection is good.
    2. The provided MS link says: Everything is up and running.
    3. No Proxy or VPN.

    Any other proper solutions?

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-02-10T07:48:23+00:00

    Hi

    Welcome to Microsoft community.

    I understand the issue you're experiencing with Microsoft Family. Here are several steps you can take to try and resolve this issue:

    1. Check Your Internet Connection: Make sure your device is connected to the internet. You can try opening a webpage to verify your connection.
    2. Check Microsoft Services Status: Sometimes, Microsoft services may be temporarily down. You can check the status of Microsoft services at https://portal.office.com/servicestatus.
    3. Disable Proxy or VPN: If you're using a VPN or proxy, try disabling it as these can sometimes interfere with Microsoft services.

    If none of these steps work, you may want to reach out to Microsoft Support for further assistance. They can provide more detailed instructions and help you troubleshoot the issue.

    Best regards

    Derrick Qian | Microsoft Community Support Specialist

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments