"We couldn't connect to Microsoft family right now, so your family on this device might not be up to date. "

Anonymous
2024-02-08T20:59:07+00:00

I am trying to add another user to my computer system, but I get the message: "We couldn't connect to Microsoft family right now, so your family on this device might not be up to date. " How can I fix this?

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Family and online safety

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-05-10T18:14:20+00:00

    Worked for me, thank you!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-04-27T13:15:23+00:00

    Genius!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-04-02T17:40:50+00:00

    My husband renewed Microsoft 365. He invited me I accepted. Now They ask for conffermation from his e-mail and he from mine. I cannot access WORD, it is going to a 2016 account and says it is expired.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-03-04T15:57:48+00:00

    You have saved me. I couldn't verify at all because my computer was stuck with the wrong email, but I clicked a similar link under Verify and it helped me logout and log back in with the correct account. I don't remember the phrasing unfortunately. It might have been "Sign in with local account instead" or something similar to yours. I have spent hours trying to figure out why my computer couldn't sync up even after I corrected my account settings online. Grazie! Grazie!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments