Doesn't work, but either I can't find option intranet zone, details settings!!
This is what I have. Are you talking of "Sites" ?
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Dear Microsoft Wizards,
I come to you with a tale of woe, a saga of time-displaced files and folders that have lost their way in the temporal vortex of Windows File Explorer. In an age where we can chat with AI, drive electric chariots, and binge-watch shows about dragons and spaceships, I find myself anchored to a mundane reality. In reality, copying files and folders in Windows File Explorer betrays their original timestamps, casting them adrift in the present, forgetting their noble past.
Imagine a world where one could copy a file or folder without the cruel hands of the present altering their date and time stamps. A world where digital artifacts remain untouched by the ravages of time, preserving their history as meticulously as a museum curator with a penchant for organization and accuracy.
"Why not use robocopy or other command prompt utilities?" I hear you ask, your voices echoing through the hallowed halls of Redmond. Ah, but here lies the rub! While these tools are mighty in their own right, they demand a saint's patience and a wizard's expertise. Delving into the command prompt is akin to stepping into an ancient crypt inscribed with arcane commands and cryptic parameters. It is a thrilling adventure for the occasional file or two, perhaps, but Herculean labor when faced with the task of preserving the timestamps of hundreds, nay, thousands of files and folders.
So, I pray that you, the noble scribes and engineers of Microsoft, bestow upon us, the humble users, a magical feature within the Windows File Explorer itself. A feature that allows us to copy our digital treasures while keeping their temporal essence intact – no spells, no incantations, and indeed no command line rituals required.
In this quest for temporal fidelity, I stand ready to champion this cause, armed with nothing but my wit and a profound desire for user-friendly file management. Together, let us forge a new path through the annals of digital file preservation, ensuring that our files and folders may travel through the vast expanse of directories without losing sight of their origins.
Yours in time-traveling solidarity,
Luis Martinez
******@outlook.com
P.S. If this feature comes to pass, future generations will look back on this moment as a turning point in history – the day we let our files journey through time, unaltered and proud, their timestamps shining like beacons of their actual age.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Changing the creation date does not depend on where you copy from. The solution to the problem is exactly that: remove KB5039212. Unfortunately Microsoft is working rather poorly with Windows 11. I hope the problem will be resolved as soon as possible, because I had to stop Windows Update.
Please see the reply at the link below from Ramesh in regards to the underlying cause of Date modified changing when copying from some network shares:
If any file copied from one location on server to another, the date modified changes to the date when file has been copied. Whereas it should be the date when that file was actually modified.
Please resolve this issue ASAP.
This is becoming a big headache for me and my team and can't track the changes and what is the latest modified or old.
For anyone else having this issue:
Starting in this update, File Explorer adds the Mark of the Web (MoTW) tag to files and folders that come from untrusted locations. When MapUrlToZone classifies a file as “Internet,” that file also gets this tag. Because of this change, the “LastWriteTime” time stamp is updated. This might affect some scenarios that rely on file copy operations.
If you actually read the update, this is expected behavior, so I'm inclined to think the trusted sites/intranet zones method is probably going to be the way to go (once we narrow down exactly what combo). For people expecting a "fix" unfortunately I doubt you'll be getting that, I'd try to work around the issue with the update rather than uninstall it and block updates.