Why is my windows saying my password is expired?

Anonymous
2024-02-26T14:28:35+00:00

Hello, I've been having an issue the past few hours and I cannot figure out how to fix it, Windows keeps asking me for a password and saying my old one is expired. I have been looking for answers on the internet and they all say that the password that windows is asking for is my Microsoft account password but it keeps saying that it's wrong even though I have reset it and used a different one since I'm still logged in on my phone. I made sure to put the right password in when logged in on my phone and that worked but when I boot up my pc and put that same password in it says it's wrong, please if anybody could help me I'm extremely confused.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows Hello, lock screen and sign-in

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-10-04T20:55:28+00:00

    Hello, I've been having an issue the past few hours and I cannot figure out how to fix it, Windows keeps asking me for a password and saying my old one is expired. I have been looking for answers on the internet and they all say that the password that windows is asking for is my Microsoft account password but it keeps saying that it's wrong even though I have reset it and used a different one since I'm still logged in on my phone. I made sure to put the right password in when logged in on my phone and that worked but when I boot up my pc and put that same password in it says it's wrong, please if anybody could help me I'm extremely confused.

    I have tried restarting and full shutdown and still received the “ password expired” message and prompt on my PC windows 11. Decided to follow the “USB password” instructions. On start up goes to the default blue screen.curser working erratically. Calling up the password page, the password window doesn’t respond to the keyboard and after a few seconds returns to the default blue page.

    This is extremely frustrating and concerning as I’m unable to access anything including settings. Luckily so far my iPad and phone still work but I have no access to my pc programs or data.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-10-04T21:04:16+00:00

    Read the thread properly I already posted a reply for this...try doing that...it will definitely work.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Les Ferch 10,371 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2024-10-13T14:36:13+00:00

    Just type in the new password and reenter it. Leave the old password window blank and click next. It just worked for me😂

    Just a little clarification that might help others....

    By "next", I guess you meant the small right-pointing arrow (unless your Windows 11 had a slightly different interface).

    I did not see a "next" button, but there was a small right pointing arrow in the password confirmation field (after I entered a new password in both fields). Clicking that arrow then logged me in.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-10-18T10:15:40+00:00

    co zrobić, jeżeli nie ma opcji zapamiętania ani zresetowania hasła ?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-11-15T20:52:10+00:00

    For anyone who wants to log in:

    LEAVE THE BOX SAYING "Password" AS BLANK.

    Just put in a new password, type it in in the bottom box saying to confirm password, and click the arrow. If you put in anything in thr top box it'll simply state it's wrong.

    Afterwards highly recommend disabling password expirey option.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments