Why is my windows saying my password is expired?

Anonymous
2024-02-26T14:28:35+00:00

Hello, I've been having an issue the past few hours and I cannot figure out how to fix it, Windows keeps asking me for a password and saying my old one is expired. I have been looking for answers on the internet and they all say that the password that windows is asking for is my Microsoft account password but it keeps saying that it's wrong even though I have reset it and used a different one since I'm still logged in on my phone. I made sure to put the right password in when logged in on my phone and that worked but when I boot up my pc and put that same password in it says it's wrong, please if anybody could help me I'm extremely confused.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows Hello, lock screen and sign-in

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-06-29T00:01:37+00:00

    Did you ever figure it out? Currently having the same issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-07-02T01:37:24+00:00

    this is, honestly, the least helpful response ever.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-07-02T18:14:12+00:00

    Same exact problem. Dozens of people I know are all having this issue. None of them set their passwords to expire, they all have local accounts, we have even executed the command to prevent password expiration, yet they are all expiring. Why is this? Why is Windows having more problems than it did in 1998? Who is even working here causing all of these issues? It's like Microsoft has zero employees that have any clue what they are doing.

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-07-03T00:41:58+00:00

    Dozens of people I know are all having this issue. ... Why is this? Why is Windows having more problems than it did in 1998? Who is even working here causing all of these issues? It's like Microsoft has zero employees that have any clue what they are doing.

    Not everything is a catastrophe.

    Launch Local Users and Groups - lusrmgr.msc - as an Administrator and make the change. This works for me on my Windows 10 computer and also on my Windows 11 computer.

    Image

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-07-11T03:27:16+00:00

    Having the same issue so what do i do i reset it online nothing i tried on the pc it locked me out so now what the hell do i do? Because now im getting mad i cant use my pc when last night i was using it

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments