Leave it blank the old password
And for the new password try to put the password you want
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hello, I've been having an issue the past few hours and I cannot figure out how to fix it, Windows keeps asking me for a password and saying my old one is expired. I have been looking for answers on the internet and they all say that the password that windows is asking for is my Microsoft account password but it keeps saying that it's wrong even though I have reset it and used a different one since I'm still logged in on my phone. I made sure to put the right password in when logged in on my phone and that worked but when I boot up my pc and put that same password in it says it's wrong, please if anybody could help me I'm extremely confused.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Leave it blank the old password
And for the new password try to put the password you want
Hi I have the same problem with Windows 11 home. The password lock computer, we didn't set the administrator account on this laptop, we didn't needed. When I am trying to change the password I get the message to insert USB media? Could anyone help me with this? What kind of USB media I need to put in computer or what is the solution of this issue?
Having the same issue so what do i do i reset it online nothing i tried on the pc it locked me out so now what the hell do i do? Because now im getting mad i cant use my pc when last night i was using it
Dozens of people I know are all having this issue. ... Why is this? Why is Windows having more problems than it did in 1998? Who is even working here causing all of these issues? It's like Microsoft has zero employees that have any clue what they are doing.
Not everything is a catastrophe.
Launch Local Users and Groups - lusrmgr.msc - as an Administrator and make the change. This works for me on my Windows 10 computer and also on my Windows 11 computer.
Same exact problem. Dozens of people I know are all having this issue. None of them set their passwords to expire, they all have local accounts, we have even executed the command to prevent password expiration, yet they are all expiring. Why is this? Why is Windows having more problems than it did in 1998? Who is even working here causing all of these issues? It's like Microsoft has zero employees that have any clue what they are doing.