Why is my windows saying my password is expired?

Anonymous
2024-02-26T14:28:35+00:00

Hello, I've been having an issue the past few hours and I cannot figure out how to fix it, Windows keeps asking me for a password and saying my old one is expired. I have been looking for answers on the internet and they all say that the password that windows is asking for is my Microsoft account password but it keeps saying that it's wrong even though I have reset it and used a different one since I'm still logged in on my phone. I made sure to put the right password in when logged in on my phone and that worked but when I boot up my pc and put that same password in it says it's wrong, please if anybody could help me I'm extremely confused.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows Hello, lock screen and sign-in

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-02-27T15:10:39+00:00

    Thanks for the quick response however none of the suggested solutions seemed to help. I believe that the windows account on my pc is different from my actual account on this site since my windows recently had been corrupted and I took it to a repair shop near my home and before that it has never asked me for a password and I've had this pc for about a year or two, though the repair guys never informed of this password. Anyway thanks again for the response

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-02-27T02:18:36+00:00

    Hi

    Welcome to Microsoft community.

    It sounds like there may be an issue with your Windows settings or account. Here are a few steps you can try to resolve the issue:

    1. Make sure you are entering the correct password - double check for any typos or caps lock is on.
    2. Try restarting your computer and see if that resolves the issue.
    3. If you are using a Microsoft account to log in, try resetting your password again and make sure to use the new password on your computer.
    4. Check your computer's date and time settings to make sure they are correct.
    5. Wait for a while, and then check again if the password can be used to log in correctly.

    Please feel free to let me know how it goes.

    Best regards

    Derrick Qian | Microsoft Community Support Specialist

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments