Why is my windows saying my password is expired?

Anonymous
2024-02-26T14:28:35+00:00

Hello, I've been having an issue the past few hours and I cannot figure out how to fix it, Windows keeps asking me for a password and saying my old one is expired. I have been looking for answers on the internet and they all say that the password that windows is asking for is my Microsoft account password but it keeps saying that it's wrong even though I have reset it and used a different one since I'm still logged in on my phone. I made sure to put the right password in when logged in on my phone and that worked but when I boot up my pc and put that same password in it says it's wrong, please if anybody could help me I'm extremely confused.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows Hello, lock screen and sign-in

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-05-28T08:25:40+00:00

    For Windows Home, which it appear many of you are using;

    Select the Start menu and type Powershell into the search box.

    When the Windows Powershell program is offered on the right hand side of the screen select Run as Administrator. You MUST run in admin mode.

    Type in the following command; Get-LocalUser | Set-LocalUser -PasswordNeverExpires $true

    Job done.

    The vertical bar is on the bottom left of your keyboard.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-05-20T04:47:48+00:00

    passwaord

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-05-03T22:08:28+00:00

    My Windows 11 computer says, when I try using the Run applet to launch the desired interface, "This Windows 10 computer cannot blah, blah, blah." When I use Manage on the context menu of This Computer, Local Users and Groups id not one of the items that I may select. It is literally impossible to follow your directions. They're wrong.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-05-03T22:02:04+00:00

    Your information is inaccurate. There isn't any “Local Users and Groups” menu in that woindow. Here's what is there:

    Computer Management (Local)

    System Tools

    Task Scheduler

    Event Viewer

    Shared Folders

    Performance

    Device Manager

    Storage

    Disk Management

    Services and Applications

    That's it. I cannot follow your instructions because it is physically impossible.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-04-30T12:06:08+00:00

    Thanks! Your suggestion works for me

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments