Windows 11's Right Click Context Menu has got to go.

Anonymous
2024-02-29T16:22:53+00:00

This is the most terrible, stupid, and annoying thing Microsoft has ever designed into a UI.

They've completely abandoned us power users here, and even normal users.

Get rid of that stupid 'Show more Options' button and give us everything relevant to the element we're right clicking at the start, or give us an option to toggle it off so everyone gets the best of both worlds.

Having to use third party tools to hack up the UI to bring back the Windows 10 context menu is an atrocious bandaid many have been applying to fix this.

What would be even more amazing, which baffles me isn't an easily accessable thing, is the option to EDIT your right click context menu, and to uninstall / disable things that some programs attach to it.

Come on Microsoft.. at this rate, Windows 12 will be the curse of the computing world.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Files, folders, and storage

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-02-08T07:02:36+00:00

    I always knew the day would come where Windows would finally go some place I care not to follow with endless registry fixes. Seems like this is it.

    So there's only one responsible thing left to do with Windows I guess.

    Its been real.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-02-28T04:01:52+00:00

    At the very least, they should have put the most frequently used commands at the top of the list.

    We all know that there are:

    Cut, Copy, Paste and Rename.

    Why are they buried in the Additional Commands. You have to wonder about the people who write software for Microsoft.

    I agree. There are things they could have removed from the right click context menu that I wouldn't have missed, others I wouldn't have noticed, but they nerfed some of the most useful commands (including the ones you listed)!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-02-28T04:10:08+00:00

    I'm wondering if they are making right click harder and harder to use as a slow transition to phasing it out.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-02-28T04:32:51+00:00

    It's been fixed on my machine and it must have been from an update because I didn't do any of the fixes suggested.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-02-28T16:58:32+00:00

    And I lost it. I made the Registry adjustment and it functioned. I did a Windows Update last week and after reading this last posting, I thought I'd test it. It's GONE. Looks like I'll need to find the last fix and try it again.

    He Microsoft, How's about you guys stop mucking things up!

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments