Another old adage: "If it ain't broke, DON'T FIX IT!"
Windows 11's Right Click Context Menu has got to go.
This is the most terrible, stupid, and annoying thing Microsoft has ever designed into a UI.
They've completely abandoned us power users here, and even normal users.
Get rid of that stupid 'Show more Options' button and give us everything relevant to the element we're right clicking at the start, or give us an option to toggle it off so everyone gets the best of both worlds.
Having to use third party tools to hack up the UI to bring back the Windows 10 context menu is an atrocious bandaid many have been applying to fix this.
What would be even more amazing, which baffles me isn't an easily accessable thing, is the option to EDIT your right click context menu, and to uninstall / disable things that some programs attach to it.
Come on Microsoft.. at this rate, Windows 12 will be the curse of the computing world.
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Files, folders, and storage
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
49 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2025-02-03T17:49:49+00:00 -
Anonymous
2025-02-03T17:18:21+00:00 I’m an old programmer who worked in a nuclear weapons design lab 50 years ago. Fortran was the language then.
I am retired and still do computering. My mind-set always asks “What is Microsoft’s mind-set.” when they alter, add, change, or omit functions in updated releases. Some of it makes me just darn curious why/how they change things... some additions are nice, but they never asked me.
Just like the right-click opening window. What was wrong or inconvenient with how it worked in Win 10, that it was omitted in Win 11?
Perhaps it is simply to lessen the amount of executable code.
I am reminded of the old adage, “some things are better left alone.”
The Win 11 interface has sure lengthened my learning curve, moving from Win 10. I’m using the search function in Excel probably 25 times more than I have ever, and that’s just using Excel. My favorite was Office Pro 2003, but I’ve had to move on to 365.
-
Anonymous
2025-02-03T10:18:17+00:00 would have been much better NOT to ever include the dumb feature!!
-
Anonymous
2025-01-23T18:51:42+00:00 Yes, thank you for the information. I greatly appreciate your response.
-
Les Ferch 10,366 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
2025-01-23T14:02:37+00:00 I'm also not a fan of the new context menu, but there is a handy item there labelled Copy as Path. That actually also exists in Windows 10 when you right-click with the Shift key held down. It's the easiest way to get a file path.