Another old adage: "If it ain't broke, DON'T FIX IT!"
Windows 11's Right Click Context Menu has got to go.
This is the most terrible, stupid, and annoying thing Microsoft has ever designed into a UI.
They've completely abandoned us power users here, and even normal users.
Get rid of that stupid 'Show more Options' button and give us everything relevant to the element we're right clicking at the start, or give us an option to toggle it off so everyone gets the best of both worlds.
Having to use third party tools to hack up the UI to bring back the Windows 10 context menu is an atrocious bandaid many have been applying to fix this.
What would be even more amazing, which baffles me isn't an easily accessable thing, is the option to EDIT your right click context menu, and to uninstall / disable things that some programs attach to it.
Come on Microsoft.. at this rate, Windows 12 will be the curse of the computing world.
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Files, folders, and storage
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
49 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2025-02-03T17:49:49+00:00 -
Anonymous
2025-02-28T16:58:32+00:00 And I lost it. I made the Registry adjustment and it functioned. I did a Windows Update last week and after reading this last posting, I thought I'd test it. It's GONE. Looks like I'll need to find the last fix and try it again.
He Microsoft, How's about you guys stop mucking things up!
-
Anonymous
2025-02-03T10:18:17+00:00 would have been much better NOT to ever include the dumb feature!!
-
Anonymous
2024-10-04T03:18:15+00:00 Just migrated over from Windows 10. I agree... PITA!
-
Anonymous
2024-06-13T22:00:48+00:00 This command did not work for my Win 11 version:
C:\Windows\System32>reg.exe delete "HKCU\Software\Classes\CLSID{86ca1aa0-34aa-4e8b-a509-50c905bae2a2}" /f
ERROR: The system was unable to find the specified registry key or value.
However, the Weyburn Doug command did complete successfully.
I am running Win 11 Pro 22631.3737