Glad it helped.
It should be set to Manual start.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
HELP please,
Acer SFG16-71 cannot complete 2024-02 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 23H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5034765) "Something didn't go as planned. No need to worry-undoing changes. Please keep your computer on"
Laptop fails at 89& to update
DO NOT have Male Ware Bytes installed
Have tried updating manually locally, downloaded the .msu
Hae tried isolating laptop form network, turned off Norton 360, install locally with .msu,
Have 800GB on SSD Drive available space,
Just won't do it.
Some more info for you as it in my system updates and "Needs Attention".
MSU info failed to install locally:
https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=KB5034765
https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/DownloadDialog.aspx
Download UpdateID cf62e03b-3900-40d9-85fa-05faa930d2c3
Download Updates 2024-02 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 23H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5034765) windows11.0-kb5034765-x64_0b9338c4ace818aa52dbef7f674250aeb341f0f1.msu
Acer info:
Device name Acer_SwiftGo16
Processor 13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-13700H 2.40 GHz
Installed RAM 16.0 GB (15.7 GB usable)
Device ID F37E4B15-46D0-4545-8812-BC30E26FB4F2
Product ID 00342-21166-61519-AAOEM
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display
Edition Windows 11 Home
Version 23H2
Installed on 2/02/2024
OS build 22631.3085
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22684.1000.0
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Glad it helped.
It should be set to Manual start.
I have same issue
Please carefully go through the solutions here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_11-wintop_update/windows-cant-update-install-error-0x800f0922/d25e3b69-805d-4b35-8efa-283c6c85e5e2
Especially, deleting the $WinREAgent folder should help.
Hi Danny,
Glad to know that. If the issue recurs, please share all the CBS logs in that folder. Your previous .zip attachment contained only cbs.log.
Yes, I know how you feel. I had 4 Microsoft case numbers over several days before I got help (real help) on this forum. Glad things are fixed. Yes, took a day to download (hours) and then couple of hours to install and then do cleanup stuff. It is funny that my wife's PC came with Windows 11 home with NO problems, amazing!!!!!!
Hope other people read this forum and it helps them resolve problems.
Having the same/very similar issue. KB5034765 update was pushed, rebooted, user (our CIO) logged in and no taskbar/graphics glitches/PC extremely slow/freezing/crashing anything I could open using commands.
things like wuauserv commands to try uninstall KB5034765 had error saying wuauserv missing which was not true.
Eventually got CMD/Powershell to try and manually uninstall KB5034765 but it said it was not there....even though it was.
SFC /scannow
DISM stuff
Finally just repaired/re-installed OS completely using ISO and that worked but took almost 2 days to finish.
I see there are other ways I did not try to possibly fix it. But I find it crazy that microsoft has no response since thursday (at least)