Tasya Ramadhani,
You can only activate if you have a purchased licence.
This is either:
From Windows 10.
From the manufacturer of the system
From buying a licence yourself separate from the windows system.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hi, my almost 2-year-old Lenovo laptop runs on Windows 11 Home but is now suddenly saying I need to activate windows.
By the activate troubleshoot button it shows the message "We can't activate Windows on this device because you don't have a valid digital license and product fee. If you think you have a valid license or key, select Troubleshoot below. Error code: 0xC004F012" and when I troubleshoot it returns the message "We can't activate Windows on this device at the moment you can try activating again later or go to the store to buy genuine Windows. (0xc0000022)"
It has a product key I can see it on the activation settings page, and I've used ShowKeyPlus to find both the installed and original keys and tried entering them both however it won't accept them with same "Product key you entered didn't work. (0xc0000022)"
I've tried sfc scannow, no problems and I've reset the computer, and nothing has changed.
Would include screenshots however they are failing to upload.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Tasya Ramadhani,
You can only activate if you have a purchased licence.
This is either:
From Windows 10.
From the manufacturer of the system
From buying a licence yourself separate from the windows system.
Same things I get. Please explain me solution.
Ryam MA,
If you have Enterprise edition it depends where the licence originated. Ca you explain more about the history of the licence.
Same with me here
fix my windows activation problem