Windows 11 now not active and won't let me activate. How to fix?

Anonymous
2024-02-16T07:51:18+00:00

Hi, my almost 2-year-old Lenovo laptop runs on Windows 11 Home but is now suddenly saying I need to activate windows.

By the activate troubleshoot button it shows the message "We can't activate Windows on this device because you don't have a valid digital license and product fee. If you think you have a valid license or key, select Troubleshoot below. Error code: 0xC004F012" and when I troubleshoot it returns the message "We can't activate Windows on this device at the moment you can try activating again later or go to the store to buy genuine Windows. (0xc0000022)"

It has a product key I can see it on the activation settings page, and I've used ShowKeyPlus to find both the installed and original keys and tried entering them both however it won't accept them with same "Product key you entered didn't work. (0xc0000022)"

I've tried sfc scannow, no problems and I've reset the computer, and nothing has changed.

Would include screenshots however they are failing to upload.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Licensing and activation

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Neil D 34,335 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2024-05-17T18:55:04+00:00

    mark denniel magbanua,

    What windows version do you have installed now and what do you want to update to?

    Windows 10 or Windows 11 will update to their next version when an update is available.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  3. Anonymous
    2024-06-02T03:32:30+00:00

    I Mangaed to fix this issue. I had a windows 11 home asus laptop that had windows pre installed and for somereason it just got deactivated out the blue. I followed Fix 2 on this website https://www.minitool.com/news/0xc004f012.html but it did not work the first time around. I found out that i had 2 additional files that were not lining up with the screenshot that was provided in fix 2 so I delete and I redid fix 2 and it manage to fix my problem. The files I deleted had 0kbs and were blanked out so i think it was safe to delete them.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-06-14T20:46:44+00:00

    same here have you fixed?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-07-06T08:02:58+00:00

    Not resolved yet

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments