Windows 11 now not active and won't let me activate. How to fix?

Anonymous
2024-02-16T07:51:18+00:00

Hi, my almost 2-year-old Lenovo laptop runs on Windows 11 Home but is now suddenly saying I need to activate windows.

By the activate troubleshoot button it shows the message "We can't activate Windows on this device because you don't have a valid digital license and product fee. If you think you have a valid license or key, select Troubleshoot below. Error code: 0xC004F012" and when I troubleshoot it returns the message "We can't activate Windows on this device at the moment you can try activating again later or go to the store to buy genuine Windows. (0xc0000022)"

It has a product key I can see it on the activation settings page, and I've used ShowKeyPlus to find both the installed and original keys and tried entering them both however it won't accept them with same "Product key you entered didn't work. (0xc0000022)"

I've tried sfc scannow, no problems and I've reset the computer, and nothing has changed.

Would include screenshots however they are failing to upload.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Licensing and activation

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-02-26T01:12:02+00:00

    Thank God Im not the only one with this frustrating error. I have Windows 11 Home and about same time ago i got the same random deactivation. The watermark is very annoying. I tried re-installing Windows many times and sometimes it activates but then after sometime when i boot the computer again it is deactivated. Please let me know if you have found a solution. I cant even trouble shoot it keeps telling me that exact error. Also i got Lenovo Legion 5 so idk if its cos we both got Lenovo lol.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-02-18T12:50:08+00:00

    i also can't activate my microsoft account and use my msword and other offices so please if you can help me

    my windows is 11 and its an Asus laptop

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. DaveM121 936.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2024-02-16T09:06:05+00:00

    Okay, it is best to wait for a day or two and the activation errors should resolve itself when your PC can contact the activation servers.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-02-16T09:03:57+00:00

    I have been seeing the activation error since this morning so at least 13 hours by the time of this reply.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. DaveM121 936.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2024-02-16T08:55:19+00:00

    Thank you for that information, how long have you been seeing the activation error, there is nothing wrong with your licence, I think this is just caused by a problem contacting the activation servers.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments