Windows 11 now not active and won't let me activate. How to fix?

Anonymous
2024-02-16T07:51:18+00:00

Hi, my almost 2-year-old Lenovo laptop runs on Windows 11 Home but is now suddenly saying I need to activate windows.

By the activate troubleshoot button it shows the message "We can't activate Windows on this device because you don't have a valid digital license and product fee. If you think you have a valid license or key, select Troubleshoot below. Error code: 0xC004F012" and when I troubleshoot it returns the message "We can't activate Windows on this device at the moment you can try activating again later or go to the store to buy genuine Windows. (0xc0000022)"

It has a product key I can see it on the activation settings page, and I've used ShowKeyPlus to find both the installed and original keys and tried entering them both however it won't accept them with same "Product key you entered didn't work. (0xc0000022)"

I've tried sfc scannow, no problems and I've reset the computer, and nothing has changed.

Would include screenshots however they are failing to upload.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Licensing and activation

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-03-15T18:52:22+00:00

    Hi dave! I have the same but problem but it didn't suddenly deactivate, i didnt have the product key apparently. I upgraded from windows 10 enterprise to 11 enterprise... It was activated in the windows 10 but in windows 11 enterprise, it said not product key found... I followed your told steps and here it is.

    1. Windows 11 Enterprise.
    2. It didnt find one. It said "OEM key not present in firmware."
    3. It's saying "File(s) failed to upload" but i can write the exact same...

    WINDOWS 11

    Microsoft Windows

    Version 22H2 (OS build 22621.3296)

    ©Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

    The windows 11 enterprise operating system and its user interface are protected by trade mark and other pending or existing intellectual property rights in the United States and other countries/regions.

    This product is licensed under the Microsoft Software License Terms to:

                                                                                                                  user name 
    
                                                                                                                  org name
    

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  3. Anonymous
    2024-02-27T01:50:04+00:00

    how to activate windows 11,

    i can't get the license of the microsoft office

    i can't use word ,excel,powerpoint ect

    it's alway ask me to repair or get help,or done

    and it a brain new computer .

    i tried several time to install window 10 or 7 seven it not matches.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  5. Anonymous
    2024-02-26T05:31:38+00:00

    It has been over a week and the activation errors have still not resolved.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments