mark denniel magbanua,
What windows version do you have installed now and what do you want to update to?
Windows 10 or Windows 11 will update to their next version when an update is available.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hi, my almost 2-year-old Lenovo laptop runs on Windows 11 Home but is now suddenly saying I need to activate windows.
By the activate troubleshoot button it shows the message "We can't activate Windows on this device because you don't have a valid digital license and product fee. If you think you have a valid license or key, select Troubleshoot below. Error code: 0xC004F012" and when I troubleshoot it returns the message "We can't activate Windows on this device at the moment you can try activating again later or go to the store to buy genuine Windows. (0xc0000022)"
It has a product key I can see it on the activation settings page, and I've used ShowKeyPlus to find both the installed and original keys and tried entering them both however it won't accept them with same "Product key you entered didn't work. (0xc0000022)"
I've tried sfc scannow, no problems and I've reset the computer, and nothing has changed.
Would include screenshots however they are failing to upload.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more
mark denniel magbanua,
What windows version do you have installed now and what do you want to update to?
Windows 10 or Windows 11 will update to their next version when an update is available.
sana may marunong mag tagalog or taga dito sa pinas mismo ang aking makakausap para dito salamat
I want to update my wind. version if it is i will try I'll lose the one I'm already using lic microsoft it is downloaded it when I bought it
I would like to have one of my own but I don't know how
When you first turned on the Surface did it go through the setup routine I mentioned. Asked for Language, Keyboard setup, Wi-Fi, and then an account?
There is a specific forum for Surface devices and someone there may be able to help better.
Results in Surface - Microsoft Community or you can edit your original post and change the forum.
Sorry I was forgetting this is not your thread but you have asked in another user thread.
In addition. There should be a 25 character licence key in the bios, you can access that as follows.
To check open the Terminal (Admin) prompt again and enter
wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey [press return] If it displays a 25 character licence key then get ShowKeyPlus from the Store and enter the key in Check edition.
If the key comes back as Windows 7 or 8 then that cannot be used to activation Windows 10 or 11.