Windows 11 now not active and won't let me activate. How to fix?

Anonymous
2024-02-16T07:51:18+00:00

Hi, my almost 2-year-old Lenovo laptop runs on Windows 11 Home but is now suddenly saying I need to activate windows.

By the activate troubleshoot button it shows the message "We can't activate Windows on this device because you don't have a valid digital license and product fee. If you think you have a valid license or key, select Troubleshoot below. Error code: 0xC004F012" and when I troubleshoot it returns the message "We can't activate Windows on this device at the moment you can try activating again later or go to the store to buy genuine Windows. (0xc0000022)"

It has a product key I can see it on the activation settings page, and I've used ShowKeyPlus to find both the installed and original keys and tried entering them both however it won't accept them with same "Product key you entered didn't work. (0xc0000022)"

I've tried sfc scannow, no problems and I've reset the computer, and nothing has changed.

Would include screenshots however they are failing to upload.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Licensing and activation

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-08-29T06:18:05+00:00

    Same things I get. Please explain me solution.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Neil D 34,335 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2024-08-26T18:45:59+00:00

    Tasya Ramadhani,

    You can only activate if you have a purchased licence.

    This is either:

    From Windows 10.

    From the manufacturer of the system

    From buying a licence yourself separate from the windows system.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-08-26T17:33:53+00:00

    and how to activate windows??

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-08-26T17:32:12+00:00

    Change a product key pleasee

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-07-23T15:59:07+00:00

    hallo ich habe ein neuen PC und ich kann mein windos nicht insterlieren es trat auf nachdem ich mein PC zurückgesetzt habe und ich kann auch in paar games nicht reingehen nach dem ich mein PC zurückgesetzth habe wie kann ich es aktiwieren

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments