Win 11 Pro
Windows 11 now not active and won't let me activate. How to fix?
Hi, my almost 2-year-old Lenovo laptop runs on Windows 11 Home but is now suddenly saying I need to activate windows.
By the activate troubleshoot button it shows the message "We can't activate Windows on this device because you don't have a valid digital license and product fee. If you think you have a valid license or key, select Troubleshoot below. Error code: 0xC004F012" and when I troubleshoot it returns the message "We can't activate Windows on this device at the moment you can try activating again later or go to the store to buy genuine Windows. (0xc0000022)"
It has a product key I can see it on the activation settings page, and I've used ShowKeyPlus to find both the installed and original keys and tried entering them both however it won't accept them with same "Product key you entered didn't work. (0xc0000022)"
I've tried sfc scannow, no problems and I've reset the computer, and nothing has changed.
Would include screenshots however they are failing to upload.
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Licensing and activation
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
47 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2024-10-05T01:29:43+00:00 -
Anonymous
2024-09-17T21:22:38+00:00 hi, my name is Isabella Herrick, and I am 10 years old, and I have literally no idea what anything you said meant. I tried to troubleshoot my computer, and it told me to put in my username and password, so I did, but it keeps saying my password is wrong but it's not. my computer always gives me trouble even if I get a new one! please help me!
-
Anonymous
2024-09-05T06:53:34+00:00 fix my windows activation problem
-
Anonymous
2024-08-31T01:58:55+00:00 Same with me here
-
Neil D 34,335 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
2024-08-29T07:52:41+00:00 Ryam MA,
If you have Enterprise edition it depends where the licence originated. Ca you explain more about the history of the licence.