Thanks Dave.
Windows 11 now not active and won't let me activate. How to fix?
Hi, my almost 2-year-old Lenovo laptop runs on Windows 11 Home but is now suddenly saying I need to activate windows.
By the activate troubleshoot button it shows the message "We can't activate Windows on this device because you don't have a valid digital license and product fee. If you think you have a valid license or key, select Troubleshoot below. Error code: 0xC004F012" and when I troubleshoot it returns the message "We can't activate Windows on this device at the moment you can try activating again later or go to the store to buy genuine Windows. (0xc0000022)"
It has a product key I can see it on the activation settings page, and I've used ShowKeyPlus to find both the installed and original keys and tried entering them both however it won't accept them with same "Product key you entered didn't work. (0xc0000022)"
I've tried sfc scannow, no problems and I've reset the computer, and nothing has changed.
Would include screenshots however they are failing to upload.
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Licensing and activation
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
47 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2024-02-16T08:53:30+00:00 -
DaveM121 936.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor2024-02-16T08:24:03+00:00 Hi, I am Dave, I will help you with this.
1
What version (Home, Pro...etc.) of Windows 11 is currently installed on your PC?
2
When you used ShowKeyPlus, did that find an OEM key and if so, what was the exact version of Windows was indicated for the OEM key?
3
Click your Start Button, then just type winver and press Enter, please provide a screenshot of the resulting dialog box.