Is there any update on this issue? Im in the same boat here, I contacted microsoft earlier this week and was told they needed a couple days to fix, been another week.
Windows 11 now not active and won't let me activate. How to fix?
Hi, my almost 2-year-old Lenovo laptop runs on Windows 11 Home but is now suddenly saying I need to activate windows.
By the activate troubleshoot button it shows the message "We can't activate Windows on this device because you don't have a valid digital license and product fee. If you think you have a valid license or key, select Troubleshoot below. Error code: 0xC004F012" and when I troubleshoot it returns the message "We can't activate Windows on this device at the moment you can try activating again later or go to the store to buy genuine Windows. (0xc0000022)"
It has a product key I can see it on the activation settings page, and I've used ShowKeyPlus to find both the installed and original keys and tried entering them both however it won't accept them with same "Product key you entered didn't work. (0xc0000022)"
I've tried sfc scannow, no problems and I've reset the computer, and nothing has changed.
Would include screenshots however they are failing to upload.
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Licensing and activation
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
47 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2025-02-22T21:10:18+00:00 -
Anonymous
2025-02-17T09:01:28+00:00 I also want to reset network connection to let my computer to reconnect to the Activation server as suggest. But there is a message saying that I may have to reinstall other network software. I am not sure whether the resetting will resolve the problem as I am now still able to connect to the internet. I am worrying that I would even lose network connection after the network reset and I am not be able to reinstall the software as in the case of Microsoft 2010.
Sergeant
-
Anonymous
2025-02-17T08:54:45+00:00 I had the same problem since installing 24H2 on 15 Jan 2025 hoping that microsoft can resolve the issue in the next release. Although there are later releases, but all with installation error. It has been a Month now and more and over problem comes up. My microsoft office 2010 no longer works and cannot be reinstalled. Paperport 14 now cannot detect my scanner.
I have been using this computer for a few years and I ungrade from Windows 10 Professional. All working fine under the 24 H2 on 15 Jan 2025. Try many method suggest and still cannot find a solution. This is crazy and it seems not worth to let window automatically updating itself as I may wake up one day and my computer suddenly not working.
Sergeant
-
Anonymous
2024-11-29T11:58:21+00:00 Mine says similar after upgrading from Win 10 to Win 11 Enterprise, but the version is 24H2 (OS Build 26100.2454). My Administrator says he doesnt have the product key!
-
Anonymous
2024-10-24T18:08:58+00:00 DEAR SIR/MADAM
PLESE RECTIFY MY MICROSOFT WHATEVER NOT WORKING