fix my windows activation problem
Windows 11 now not active and won't let me activate. How to fix?
Hi, my almost 2-year-old Lenovo laptop runs on Windows 11 Home but is now suddenly saying I need to activate windows.
By the activate troubleshoot button it shows the message "We can't activate Windows on this device because you don't have a valid digital license and product fee. If you think you have a valid license or key, select Troubleshoot below. Error code: 0xC004F012" and when I troubleshoot it returns the message "We can't activate Windows on this device at the moment you can try activating again later or go to the store to buy genuine Windows. (0xc0000022)"
It has a product key I can see it on the activation settings page, and I've used ShowKeyPlus to find both the installed and original keys and tried entering them both however it won't accept them with same "Product key you entered didn't work. (0xc0000022)"
I've tried sfc scannow, no problems and I've reset the computer, and nothing has changed.
Would include screenshots however they are failing to upload.
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Licensing and activation
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
47 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2024-09-05T06:53:34+00:00 -
Neil D 34,335 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
2024-03-15T19:01:58+00:00 Rohaan Ahmad,
I doubt you will get a response on this as the thread is a month old.
You will do better creating your own new post via Get Started at the top of the forum.
I have to say though that running Enterprise edition is for a company/business environment and not a personal user. In the company scenario it would be activated via the company domain.
So in your new post you need to explain the origin of Windows 11 and the licence.
-
Deleted
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more
-
Anonymous
2024-02-18T12:50:08+00:00 i also can't activate my microsoft account and use my msword and other offices so please if you can help me
my windows is 11 and its an Asus laptop
-
DaveM121 936.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor2024-02-16T09:06:05+00:00 Okay, it is best to wait for a day or two and the activation errors should resolve itself when your PC can contact the activation servers.